>>Zoé Kan<<
I am 16 years old, I enjoy taking pictures, writing poems, and doing things.
This blog is for me to post the pictures I take and the things I make.
--
+twitter+facebook+ysam+formspring+

Friday, January 21, 2011

# The Street Lights.

Photobucket
(This is the only picture which I had that were the closest to street lights)

Hello! So in the car just now, I was looking out. And I saw streetlights. And they inspired me to write this poem. Somehow. Streetlights. You never know what they do to you :)

The silence in the car was amazingly loud.
It was dusk, and I was in the car. My memories were about to fall out.
Street lights shining through the window like flickering candles.
Each one of them reminding me of something so precious, that to think of it-
you were ordered by yourself to be soft and tender.

Those street lights, proudly replacing the almighty Sun,
Brought back memories and feelings that I thought felt fun.
I could hear the joy in every breath of laughter, as the car sped faster and faster.
My inside started to twirl and whirl, like a little ballerina lost in her own world.
Little villi dancing to the beat of my heart.
There was a party going on in my gut.

And outside. Where the car was quiet-
That only the silence of a heartbeat could be heard.
I was smiling. She was smiling. He was smiling. We were smiling.
Our heartbeats were in sync. Like claps of achieving something.
Our guts wrapped up to a fist.
This feeling, the streetlights, the silence in the car, those three things that I am glad I did not miss.


I know that I normally write my poems at my other blog but today, I just felt like writing it here. Oh! and I have finally finished my second roll of film for Alfalfa and will bring it to develop tomorrow :D It has been a long time. And I'm saving up for a Yashica film camera. The reason why I want to buy one is because my dad has got a few lenses for it and no way am I going to let them go to waste!! I actually like how camera/lens casings were last time. Unlike now, (where they are in cardboard boxes. As in my lens), lenses used to be in leather pouches. How neat!

Byebye!


No comments:

Post a Comment